Re: Children with multiple parents

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 08:25:50 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 2, 4:01 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Before I spend my weekend spinning my wheels, can anyone comment as to
> whether model where multiple children can be related to multiple
> parents (and vice versa) can be handled by connect by prior?  If not,
> is there a better way that jumps out at you?

Can you please supply your ERD or at least table definitions with some sample data.

Possibly a flaw in your database design?

How are you attempting to model "what depends on what?" and how far are you going in your design?

To me you might look at something like "Each storage system may provide storage for one or more servers" ... "Each server may host one or more database instances" ... "Each server may run one or more applications" ... Received on Tue Jan 06 2009 - 10:25:50 CST

Original text of this message