Re: index skip scan

From: jernigam_at_nospam.kochind.com <jernigam_at_kochind.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 07:44:08 -0800 (PST)

Yes it is a DATE column. I get the same plan with to_date.

I know it doesn't use bind variables. This is a simplified version of multiple queries that are in a packaged application. I can't change the queries in the app.

I am trying to understand what impacts the cost of index skip scans. The 10053 trace shows the cost of the index skip scan as being lower.

Are there any parameters that impact the cost of a skip scan?

I hate to delete the index used by the skip scan, because it is probably needed by some other queries. Received on Tue Jan 06 2009 - 09:44:08 CST

Original text of this message