Re: Monitor Standby Database using Grid Control

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:52:09 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 8:15 pm, cbarak <charlinba..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Would it be possible to use OEM Grid Control 10gR3 to monitor 10g
> standby database without using Data Guard Broker? From the
> documentation, it appears that I would need to configure a Data Guard
> Broker?
>
> thanks.

yes, you can and you do not need the broker. You need to set the monitoring credentials of the standby to the "sys" user. It will monitor whether the standby is started and that's about it. It will not monitor whether it's in sync with the primary.

HTH,
Pete's Received on Tue Jan 06 2009 - 07:52:09 CST

Original text of this message