(wrong string) – is they a way to provide indirection for db name?

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:48:30 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 12:24 pm, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> A third party application is using JDBC URL to connect to Oracle,
>
> jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger_at_MyOracleHost:1521:MyDB
>
> For some reason in third party application, same URL has to be used
> for
> Dev, QA and Production. I know using /etc/hosts (Or its equivalent in
> Windows), I can point MyOracleHost to different hosts. But, is there
> any way to point MyDB to different database names.

Can you change (for everyone, since they all have to match) the URL to jdbc:oracle:thin:scott/tiger_at_MyOracleHost:1521/MyDB?

This would point to a service rather than an instance.

If so, the service that is serviced by the listener on each node could point to an instance on that server.

HTH, Steve Received on Mon Jan 05 2009 - 12:48:30 CST

Original text of this message