Re: backup/restore of a table with multiple xmltype columns failing

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 07:37:17 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 9:57 am, wallyr..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Operating System: Sun Solaris 10
> Database Version: 10.2.0.1.0 64 bit
> Rac: 2 nodes
> export/import: using the expdp and impdp command
>
> We have a table which has an xmltype column amongst other columns. We
> had a problem importing data into the table from an export of the same
> table. We found out from searching online that we had to grant the
> schema owner 'ALTER SESSION' privilege to make it work and its been
> working fine since.
>
> We now have 2 xmltype columns in the same table and the import started
> bombing again. We have created a ticket with Oracle Support and they
> they were able to recreate it and are working on a solution.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has come across the same scenario before and
> if so how did you get around it.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Any specific reason why you are running 10.2 base install instead of running on the 10.2.0.4 patchset?

The old shot in the dark guess is that are running into a bug that has already been fixed ... but you have not installed available maintenance. Received on Mon Jan 05 2009 - 09:37:17 CST

Original text of this message