Re: When should one rebuild an index?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 00:42:15 +1100

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 2/01/2009 8:03 PM:

> a look at Steve Adams' politically correct oracle list. Juan Pacheco
> Reyes, an old "friend" of mine, just advised the list to look at some
> "astral projection" book. I wonder whether astral projections could help
> him with diagnosing the performance problems.

Yeah. Funny enough, I actually contribute financially to that list being up. Few do. But I get slammed for inadvertently posting a "ping" and God forbid I dare post more than 80% of the previous post.
Let's see what "Juanito" gets?...

> learning. All things being said, this is still my favorite place because
> there is no censorship.

Indeed: the main motivation for coming back from time to time. Most other moderated lists including Oracle's own seem to welcome mainly conformists, "line followers" or "seekers of the truth about dual"...

I'd gladly have dizwell's forum back: at least there one could argue serious subjects and truly learn through peer discussion with only the occasional slap from HJR. I did offer to help the financial side of the forum if it was too much of a hurdle but he decided to shut it down... Ah well, it was his site: he was entitled to run it whichever way he wanted - and I'm too busy to run sites. A pity, though. Received on Fri Jan 02 2009 - 07:42:15 CST

Original text of this message