Improving Performance of Hash Joins

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:04:39 -0800 (PST)

I am on Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Windows 2003 32 bit. I have /3GB switch set on and have a value of sga_target set to 2.x GB,

I am using a third party package and many queries are doing hash joins. I cannot modify any queries because of no source code available to me. I know in Oracle9i, there was some init.ora parameter for specifying memory used by hash joins which has been taken away in 10G. What are my options (if any) to improve performance of this hash joins which for some queries take 2-3 minutes. Received on Thu Dec 25 2008 - 14:04:39 CST

Original text of this message