Re: QUERY TUNING

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:57:30 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 18, 1:31 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Dec 18, 4:22 am, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > This appears to be some version of Oracle 10g, based on the "SORT
> > GROUP BY NOSORT" in the explain plan, and the DBMS XPLAN type format
> > of the explain plan which includes the predicate information.
>
> Keep up the good works, the rare brain-fart or typo keeps us on our
> tippy-toes.
>
> jg

I was thinking about the HASH GROUP BY optimization in 10g when I wrote the above. I realized my mistake right after I posted - the OP had replied that he was running 9i, which caused me to wonder how could that be the case?

Thanks for the links.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Thu Dec 18 2008 - 12:57:30 CST

Original text of this message