Re: QUERY TUNING

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:31:58 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 18, 4:22 am, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> This appears to be some version of Oracle 10g, based on the "SORT
> GROUP BY NOSORT" in the explain plan, and the DBMS XPLAN type format
> of the explain plan which includes the predicate information.

http://www.juliandyke.com/Optimisation/Operations/SortGroupByNoSort.html

(And thanks for stimulating me to look, I learned several new things on the way to finding that).

http://www.centrexcc.com/What%20is%20new%20in%20the%20Oracle%209i%20CBO.pdf (page 5 example looks like OP to me)

Keep up the good works, the rare brain-fart or typo keeps us on our tippy-toes.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
“When I first heard about [the nondisclosure agreement for DSM-V], I