Re: Hit 4GB file size limit in Oracle on W2003

From: Cristian Cudizio <>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:07:52 -0800 (PST)

On 12 Dic, 11:52, wrote:
> Please could anybody help.  A friend has a corrupted database.  She
> has execeed 4GB on the size of a datafile.  She has been told she will
> need patch 2585700 and will have to restore her database.  I must
> admit I was not aware of this problem.
> I would be gratefull for any information, if anybody has experience of
> this problem.  She want to be sure she is doing the right thing to
> solve the problem.
> Thanks in advance.
> Best wishes, Stephen.

I've encountered same error years ago. It is not a limit on 4GB but a problem
with file autoextension on the exact size of 4GB. it is a very particular case if
during autoextension datafiles reachs exactly 4 GB database became corrupted.
If you extend manually directly to 5 GB it goes well. We installed at that time patchset

 Cristian Received on Fri Dec 12 2008 - 10:07:52 CST

Original text of this message