Re: problem creating tracefile level12

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:15:50 -0800

Shakespeare wrote:
> Helma schreef:

>> Hi David,
>>
>> your :
>>> exec dbms_system.set_ev(<sid>, <serial#>, 10046, 12, '')
>>
>> worked. I was using :
>>
>> exec dbms_system.set_ev (si=>19, se=>1423,ev=>10046,le=12,nm=>NULL)
>>
>> many thanks!

> Either you made a typo in your post, or in your code:
> le=12 should be le=>12
>
> And unlike Mr. Morgan and Mr. Burleson show in their resp. websites, the
> fifth parameter nm is not a BINARY INTEGER, but VARCHAR2 and should
> always be "''" and not "NULL". That may have caused your error.
>
> Shakespeare

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.6.0 - Production With the Partitioning, Oracle Label Security, OLAP, Data Mining, Oracle Database Vault and Real Application Testing options

SQL> select position, argument_name, data_type, in_out

   2 from all_arguments
   3 where package_name = 'DBMS_SYSTEM'    4 and object_name = 'SET_EV';

   POSITION ARGUMENT_NAME DATA_TYPE IN_OUT ---------- --------------- --------------- ------

          1 SI              BINARY_INTEGER  IN
          2 SE              BINARY_INTEGER  IN
          3 EV              BINARY_INTEGER  IN
          4 LE              BINARY_INTEGER  IN
          5 NM              VARCHAR2        IN

You are correct and my page has been corrected.

In the future please email me when you find errors. Thanks.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor