asm on san

From: helter skelter <helterskelter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:20:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm preparing to test some configurations on san storage array. I would like to find out what will be better in my environment: raid1+0 or raid5. Other thing is what size of segment size should be configured on storage array. For example, I've got 5 disks in RAID5, so if ASM default stripe size for datafiles is 1MB, so segment size on strage shouls be 256KB to hit all drives, am I right?
What tools are You recommend to do tests like this: sequentail/sequence reads etc? thanks

oracle 10gr2, rhel5 Received on Thu Dec 11 2008 - 06:20:14 CST

Original text of this message