Re: patchset experiences

From: Cristian Cudizio <>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:15:36 -0800 (PST)

On 20 Nov, 00:59, David <> wrote:
> We're running RAC cluster (Dell PowerEdge 1950s w/1 quad core/node) with
> Oracle11 on Linux Intel 5.2 64-bit and are considering the
> upgrade. In the next few days the goal is to begin evaluating the
> upgrade in a test environment, but I'd be interested in finding out what
> other people's experience has been.
> Any feedback based upon real world experiences with a similar
> configuration regarding the upgrade process itself (including problems
> encountered and the elapsed time to complete the upgrade) and stability
> post upgrade would be most appreciated.
> David

I've made only some tests. I've had some problems with a productions system with, not yes patched. The system sometimes gives error ORA-03137 that kills the session (no good) and Oracle support after several months hasn't given any solution. In my test environment with on Linux x86-64 (oel 4U5) i've got
some ORA-00600 and ORA-07445. After patching with it seems to be more stable.

 Cristian Received on Thu Dec 11 2008 - 02:15:36 CST

Original text of this message