Re: Oracle Forms Server 6i and WebDB

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:35:37 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 8, 4:36 am, "Kike" <p..._at_gunta.es> wrote:
> Sorry if I offend you. I started working here only four years ago, and since
> five years that is configured in that way, so I can't do nothing, because
> I'm not a servers expert, and I have no documentation.
>
> "Palooka" <nob..._at_nowhere.com> escribió en el mensajenews:V7Y_k.25713$xx1.14501_at_newsfe24.ams2...
>

> > Kike wrote:
>
> >> I have got a harddisk crash
> > < snip>
> >> I'm absolutely desperate
> > < snip>
> > > it was a testing server, so it hadn't any backup
>
> > Anyone heard this tale of woe before?
>
> > Palooka

Please don't top-post (look it up if you don't know what that means).

Really, the first thing anyone new with DBA responsibilities should do is be sure they have proper backup and recovery procedures in place. This includes testing servers, because those influence someone's work too.

Palooka's right, we've seen these tales before. Sometimes it's "but the SAN vendor assured us our production data will be protected for at least 100 years."

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/3091860166_de8f111248_o.jpg