Re: how to activate oracle text in 10g enterprise

From: BicycleRepairman <engel.kevin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 04:27:32 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 9, 2:23 am, "stc" <slowtraincom..._at_softhome.net> wrote:
> "BicycleRepairman" <engel.ke..._at_gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I made the entirely reasonable extrapolation that someone who was
> >unfamiliar with Oracle would choose to either (a) let the universal
> >installer perform the db configuration, (b) use DBCA to install a
> >general purpose database, or (c) if he wanted to study otext, and was
> >brave enough to choose a custom database, he would not deselect the
> >'Oracle Text' option from the DBCA screen.
> >So while I agree that "We don't all use the pre-cooked databases, or
> >use DBCA and accept everything", I'll bet you OP did.
>
> The only reason I chose custom database during the installation was because
> of the fact I needed to use Unicode character set and not the default
> (Win1250 if I remember correctly). I don't recall changing any other options
> especially not *deselecting* Oracle Text option. Maybe it needed to be
> *selected* and I overlooked it.

No. It was installed. Running the script 'reinstalled' it. Now, to your performance problem.
What is the type of column you are indexing? How many rows? What type of content is it?
What was the query?
Did the resultset you received match your expectations (other than performance)? Received on Tue Dec 09 2008 - 06:27:32 CST

Original text of this message