Re: how to activate oracle text in 10g enterprise

From: stc <>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 09:46:18 +0100

"stc" <> wrote in message news:ghg1ta$bst$
> "Palooka" <> wrote in message
>> BicycleRepairman wrote:
>>> In 10g, Oracle Text is a component of the db. You can't not have it,
>>> and there is nothing to install.
>> Completely incorrect. As Steve Howard mentions, catctx.sql installs it.
>> Incidentally, catnoctx.sql removes it.
>> Palooka
> I followed the instructions from
> and executed the script. Although I've seen few errors displayed on the
> screen, they were scrolled out of the screen pretty fast and I'm not sure
> how serious they were. There was nothing in catctx.log.
> After that I created preference, set attribute and created index (of
> ctxsys.context indextype) but the execution time of the query is now
> 160-180 seconds?!?!? As compared to the same query using LIKE operator
> which lasts 8 seconds.

Ok, I've managed to catch the script output. The errors are as following:

  1. user name 'CTXSYS' conflicts with another user or role name
  2. role name 'CTXAPP' conflicts with another user or role name
  3. number of "ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object" errors while trying to create several tables/indexes (dr$parameter, dr$class, dr$object, dr$object_attribute, ...)

Other messages include grant succeeded, view created, synonym created, type body created, PL/SQL procedure successfully completed... And the last message is session altered. Received on Sun Dec 07 2008 - 02:46:18 CST

Original text of this message