Re: performance questions and help!

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:26:54 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 6, 9:08 pm, scorpio1..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi
> I’m kind of new in oracle administration, take the performance class,
> and try to learn and understanding the concepts. I came up with some
> questions. If you can just give me a hint or just help me to find out
> where should I go to get my answers.
> Here they are:
>
> 1.      A user complains that a part of their application always runs
> slowly.  You determine that it is a single SQL statement that is slow,
> not the database or whole application. What suggestions do you make to
> your user for how to identify how the database is processing the SQL
> statement?
>
> 2.      Your database is performing a significant amount of reading and
> writing to the temporary tablespace.  What steps can you take to
> reduce the sorting?
>
> 3.      You are seeing a significant amount of duplicate SQL statements in
> the library cache that are not being shared.  What steps can you take
> to increase statement reuse?
>
> Thanks for the helps.

Have you ever heard of bind variables explain plans or order by clauses?

This sounds suspiciously like homework to me ... but if you do some research one or more of the hints I gave may apply against one or more of your questions. Received on Sat Dec 06 2008 - 20:26:54 CST

Original text of this message