Oracle database works properly but from designers tools I can't connect to database

From: Jacek Maria Jackowski <j.m.jackowski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:10:05 -0800 (PST)

I've installed Oracle 10G on my computer. I can log in using system account. by plsql. I've installed designer and tried to log from designers plsql to the same databse also using sys account - I could not't, I got ora-1017 error. What I'm doing wrong, why plsql from database installation connects me and one from designer installation disallow me from connecting ? I need databse just to run designer for entity and processes diagrams. I need Barkers notation so I can only use Oracle Designer because it's the only tool with Barkers notation.

Hope to get some help from You,
Jacek Received on Sat Dec 06 2008 - 15:10:05 CST

Original text of this message