Re: how to activate oracle text in 10g enterprise

From: BicycleRepairman <>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:15:10 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 5, 6:02 pm, Steve Howard <> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2:06 pm, "stc" <> wrote:
> > I need to do some testing with Oracle Text and have read that Oracle Text is
> > automatically available in Oracle Express Edition (witnessed that on
> > colleague's laptop) but in other editions that feature needed to be
> > installed.
> > I can't seem to find out how to install it on my system (Oracle 10g
> > Enterprise Edition). Maybe I just need it to activate that feature but I
> > don't know how. I've googled and browsed through enterprise console but I've
> > come up with nothing.
> $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/admin/catctx.sql

In 10g, Oracle Text is a component of the db. You can't not have it, and there is nothing to install.
just choose the text column you want to index and CREATE INDEX FOO on foo_table(foo_column) indextype is ctxsys.context; The oracle docs for 10g apply to all of the editions, as far as I know. They are available online. Received on Sat Dec 06 2008 - 12:15:10 CST

Original text of this message