Oracle Forms Server 6i and WebDB

From: Kike <pre_at_gunta.es>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 17:51:25 +0100

Hello.

It's the first time I get into this forum. I do really need your help...

I have got a harddisk crash in a server with Forms Server 6i with Internet Application Server 9. I found that server working four years ago, and no documentation nor software is now available. So, I need to reconfigure a new server with that software, and I'm not sure which software do I need to deploy Oracle Forms in the web.

I know, there are currently a good version (10g), and it's too easy to install and configure. But, for old application reasons, I need that old version configured. I think that I need the old WebDB to get Forms Server automatically configured with the listener (it's a testing server; the real one is working ok with iAS). So, if I'm true with this, can anybody tell me where can I find WebDB? (We have Oracle license, of course). Or, if it's not possible to get WebDB, can anybody tell me about others options to configure? (I don't know... Apache and the necessary steps, Oracle Application Server 10g with Forms Server 6i if it's possible...). I have tried to configure Forms Server 6i release 2 patch 10 (the one which comes with Oracle Developer 6i package) with Apache, but the Forms Server (throught the port 9000) ignores my Apache (port 80).

Please help me. I'm absolutely desperate with this problem.

Thanks a lot. Received on Thu Dec 04 2008 - 10:51:25 CST

Original text of this message