Utility for creating a ZIP file from BLOBs?

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:02:34 -0000

Hi

10g R2 - 10.2.0.1.0 on Linux RHEL4

We have a number of documents in the database stored as BLOBs. Increasingly we are being asked to provide a method by which a number of these can be delivered to a user as a ZIP file.

The application is web-based and uses the web pl/sql toolkit. I'd rather not use any o/s dependent utilities unless absolutely necessary (maximum portability).

Does anyone know of such a facility? My googlling hasn't been too successful so far on this one.

Many thanks.

--
jeremy