Trying to get more interest in Dataphor starting with my blog

From: steve <rog11228_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 10:57:17 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I'm sure some here know of Dataphor. Dataphor is an open source project RAD tool that has a relational engine encorporating many of the ideas expressed by Date and Darwen in TTM (the third manifesto, an outline of a future db). I have been blogging about it for a while now in the hopes of encouraging sql users (as well as application developers) to get interested. I would like to see the community of dataphor users expanded for obvious reasons. It would be helpful if others were to
blog about it. Many of my articles are from the perspective of an sql user making the transition to relationland. I do my share of compare and contrast as well as introduce many of the essential relational concepts. Ironically making the transition has helped me better understand sql!:) I include many specific examples to illustrate the coding. Certainly others can come at it from different perspectives. One would think if Linq users like the anonymous type they'll love the relational types in dataphor:)
Since I'm most familiar with MS Sql Server I use it as the storage medium. But dataphor will support most of the common sql systems (ie. Oracle) used in an enterprise. Note it's not necessary to use any sql system to play with it.

thanks,
steve dassin

Info on dataphor @
www.dataphor.org