Re: Storing time values via jdbc thin driver

From: <>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:42:11 +0100

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 13:08:32 +0100, "Chris Seidel" <> wrote:

>Palooka wrote:
>> To amplify, yes, Sybrand is correct. You are relying on defaults.
>> Sloppy coding.
>I CANNOT set the date part on java.sql.Time.
>So I MUST rely on a correct driver implementation. And the impl. seems to
>have changed from 9.2 to 10.2.

Again, you seem to be WRONG.
You can SHOUT whatever you want, it looks like 'seems' mean you are not prepared to do your homework, which is reading the documentation. This is why I did your homework on your behalf, and the URL I came up with contradicts your CANNOT. Not surprising, as you didn't read the documentation at all.
The URL is

It is appreciated in a future post you don't bang with your boots on the floor immediately when you are contradicted.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA