Complexity metrics for Oracle applications?

From: robert <robert_at_barbarian.thesecondnexus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 06:58:07 -0600

Can anybody point me to some good references or resources on software complexity measures that work well for Oracle applications - that is dealing specifically with stored procedures, SQL, data model, schema model and so forth?

Also I would appreciate correction if I'm off base here, but I'm not sure how applicable something like cyclomatic complexity would be in this case, especially since SQL itself is not particularly oriented around procedural flow.

As an example I have some one-off code I wrote the other day which probably would not score too bad on a cyclomatic measure, but even so it is so hideously complicated that it should never see the light of day :(

I'm sure everyone can think of many such examples. They strike me as an indication that there should be a measure out there which would do a better job of revealing the true complexity in cases like that.

Thanks in advance... Received on Thu Nov 27 2008 - 06:58:07 CST

Original text of this message