W2K8 64bit Instalation Error

From: miguel.salles <miguel.salles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:20:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

After installing oracle client (10.2.0.4) even thou I can connect to my database using SQL PLUS, on some applications I am getting the following error. Does anyone know what to do?

Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.

Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

On other aaplications I am getting the following error, I do believe they are related.

Attempt to load oracle libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit oracle client components installed.

I am positive that my windows is 64 bits and the client I installed is also (10.2.0.3 would be the 32 bits client right?)

Any possible solutions? Received on Wed Nov 26 2008 - 07:20:51 CST

Original text of this message