Re: 10g data pump question

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 14:00:41 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 24, 8:02 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

snip

> > > Yep, I missed it.  I guess you've shown parallel is silly with
> > > network_link.
>
> > Au contraire mon frere ... using impdp with a network link and
> > parallel just absolutely rocks.
>
> Interesting, I better start trying these things.  How does it not
> bottleneck?

Well I guess it depends on several factors ... type of network connection between servers ( 100 Meg versus gig ethernet for example going into switches ) ... and amount of bandwidth between systems ... and number of cores on the systems involved ... and type of IO subsystems attached.

My experience using parallel between separate servers with adequate bandwidth has been darn good.

Even better experience using impdp between instances on the same server.

> Reference is to South Park.

Must be too busy with running and kids activities etc I have little idea what South Park is ... Received on Tue Nov 25 2008 - 16:00:41 CST

Original text of this message