Re: Analyze tables+ind

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:35:10 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 25, 12:44 am, mehraj hussain <mhdmeh..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 19, 1:38 pm, "timo" <timo.ta..._at_luukku.com> wrote:> Hi,
> > I'd like to analyze one schema's all tables and indexes every night - should
> > I implement a PL/SQL-procedure for this and add it to Database
> > Control/Scheduler Jobs ? - there seems to some "gather stats"-jobs already
> > but those are "smart-ones" and this one schema is vital an stats must in
> > up-to-date.
>
> > BR,
> > Timo
>
> -------------------
>
> spool it and put hat spool file in the schedular....if u r confident u
> can use dbms_schedular or u can u scheduled tasks in windows and
> crontab on unix'''
>
> select 'ANALYZE TABLE  '||owner||'.'||table_name||' ESTIMATE
> STATISTICS sample 15 percent;'
> from dba_tables;
>
> regards,
> mohammed

That's just wrong, man. Use DBMS_STATS. This is clearly noted in the docs. http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/statements_4005.htm#SQLRF01105

U means "Mister" in Burmese. In English, repeatedly calling someone Mister is more than a little provocation.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://disqus.com/people/82e56be7f5f914b319f340858cf04a65/