Re: Analyze tables+ind

From: mehraj hussain <mhdmehraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:44:01 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 19, 1:38 pm, "timo" <timo.ta..._at_luukku.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to analyze one schema's all tables and indexes every night - should
> I implement a PL/SQL-procedure for this and add it to Database
> Control/Scheduler Jobs ? - there seems to some "gather stats"-jobs already
> but those are "smart-ones" and this one schema is vital an stats must in
> up-to-date.
>
> BR,
> Timo

spool it and put hat spool file in the schedular....if u r confident u can use dbms_schedular or u can u scheduled tasks in windows and crontab on unix'''

select 'ANALYZE TABLE '||owner||'.'||table_name||' ESTIMATE STATISTICS sample 15 percent;'
from dba_tables;

regards,
mohammed Received on Tue Nov 25 2008 - 02:44:01 CST

Original text of this message