Re: db_files setting on 10g

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 06:06:51 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 23, 1:34 am, Havel Zhang <havel.zh..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all:
>      Recently, we move a oracle 9i DB up to a oracle 10g. Everything
> is nice, but i found a problem about a parameter db_files. when i set
> db_files to 65535, you can find yourself can not analyze / scan a big
> table on 10g, but on 9i will running smoothly. when i set this
> parameter to 45535 or less, the problem solved.
>
> any one have the same experience ? It is a Oracle 10g Bug?
>
> Havel

Did you search metalink? If so did you find any likely hits?

Lots of people running systems "way under" that number of files. At some point once you start getting above a certain number of datafiles in an oracle system and you are on 10g or higher most people will think about using bigfile tablespaces.

Managing even 45 thousand datafiles for a database ... I wouldn't want to do that!

How big a database are you running exactly in size that you would want to use a setting like that? Received on Sun Nov 23 2008 - 08:06:51 CST

Original text of this message