Re: 10g data pump question

From: Chuck <>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:16:28 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:
> Chuck wrote:

>> Why is it that when I run a data pump operation with PARALLEL > 1, I
>> only ever see one worker EXECUTING and the state for all the others is
>> WORK WAITING? What would cause that?
>> TIA

> My guess is that the reason is you have the syntax incorrect.
> What likely you intended is:
> parallel => 2
> which is a named notation assignment of a value.

My OP wasn't intended to show syntax, just that I've set PARALLEL to something greater than 1. The actual syntax is below (taken from a shell script)

  REMAP_SCHEMA=${SOURCE_SCHEMA}:${TARGET_SCHEMA} \   PARALLEL=4 Just seems like 3 of the 4 workers are pretty lazy and I wonder if there's any real benefit to setting parallel gt 1. Received on Fri Nov 21 2008 - 11:16:28 CST

Original text of this message