Re: Not able to connect as sysdba,shared memory error

From: <Joey.Dantoni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:35:50 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 20, 5:32 am, co4..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> One of our 8i server ran out of shared memory.
>
> I am getting following error and not even able to log in for shutting
> down
>
> conn  "/ as sysdba"
>
> ERROR:
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2
> ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4200 bytes of shared memory ("shared
> pool","TRIGGER$","sga heap","state objects")
>
> Any other way to shutdown?

Kill the process--are you on Windows or UNIX--in UNIX the easy way is to do a ps -ef||grep pmon and then a kill -9 on that PID. In Windows, just open the task manager and kill process.

It's ugly and you will likely lose any pending transactions. Received on Thu Nov 20 2008 - 07:35:50 CST

Original text of this message