Re: move from UNDO_MANAGMENT=AUTO to MANUAL

From: Ismael <isma.sanchez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 02:21:25 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 20, 10:14 am, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 nov, 09:14, Ismael <isma.sanc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Win 2003 Server
> > We have an Oracle database running in automatic undo management.
> > An application provider has to upgrade his application and needs the
> > database running in manual undo management.
> > I've never gone back to manual from auto ... could you give me any
> > advice? Do you know the best way to success?
>
> > Thank you very much for your help?
>
> > Best Regards,
> > Ismael
>
> I would request the 'application' provider to send his 'developers' to
> a course, so the 'application' doesn't need to walk on one leg and one
> crutch.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

One of the migration steps is the repository upgrade (the repository is stored in the oracle database). For this step, they advise us to change de undo management to MANUAL before running the processes that are involved. It's not an application requirement, we can change to AUTO after upgrading ...
Changing undo management to MANUAL is ONLY for the upgrade. Could you help me? Received on Thu Nov 20 2008 - 04:21:25 CST

Original text of this message