Re: Ora 12899 error

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 20 Nov 2008 10:04:50 GMT

Manisha Satpute <manishasatpute84_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have got ora 12899 error in the database. My question
> is , the database for which i got this error , is working properly on
> one machine(computer) but the same database on another machine facing
> the ora 12899 error. How is it possible ? And what could be the
> reason?

Easy.
Either the databases are not the same (hint: they may have different database character sets), or the data you insert are different, or the client configuration is different (e.g. client character set).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Thu Nov 20 2008 - 04:04:50 CST

Original text of this message