Re: AWR Sample Report

From: raja <dextersunil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 20:05:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Steve Howard,
So the CPU still has 30% available for resources and the system is not overloaded. Then its good.

Joel Garry,
On web search i found that mostly these underscore init.ora parameters
( hidden parameters, should be used only if oracle support suggests to
us ) are creating problems ( side effects ). I asked Charles, then why oracle has created them. Charles said
( please see previous posts ) its for flexibility ( depends upon the
application/system that we use ).
In the AWR Report that i have pasted, i hope those underscore init.ora parameters are set to FALSE, so i hope there should not be any problem.

In AWR Report, SQL Statistics, there are many parts like : SQL ordered by Elapsed Time
SQL ordered by CPU Time
SQL ordered by Gets
SQL ordered by Reads
SQL ordered by Executions
SQL ordered by Parse Calls
SQL ordered by Sharable Memory
SQL ordered by Version Count
Which i should look into first ? why ?

Any other places that i have to check in the AWR Report ? If you tell me some hot spots to look into, I will try and get back to you with results, so that you people can correct me.

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Wed Nov 19 2008 - 22:05:02 CST

Original text of this message