Re: 11.1.0.7 patchset experiences

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:18:37 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 19, 6:59 pm, David <ivoryke..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> We're running RAC cluster (Dell PowerEdge 1950s w/1 quad core/node) with
> Oracle11 on Linux Intel 5.2 64-bit and are considering the 11.1.0.7
> upgrade. In the next few days the goal is to begin evaluating the
> upgrade in a test environment, but I'd be interested in finding out what
> other people's experience has been.
>
> Any feedback based upon real world experiences with a similar
> configuration regarding the upgrade process itself (including problems
> encountered and the elapsed time to complete the upgrade) and stability
> post upgrade would be most appreciated.
>
> David

Oops forgot the times. The software install goes in like 5 minutes on a reasonably fast system. Database upgrade also pretty darn quick ... well under an hour ( sorry I don't recall exactly ). No stability issues after patchset completed. Received on Wed Nov 19 2008 - 19:18:37 CST

Original text of this message