Re: 11.1.0.7 patchset experiences

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:08:26 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 19, 6:59 pm, David <ivoryke..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> We're running RAC cluster (Dell PowerEdge 1950s w/1 quad core/node) with
> Oracle11 on Linux Intel 5.2 64-bit and are considering the 11.1.0.7
> upgrade. In the next few days the goal is to begin evaluating the
> upgrade in a test environment, but I'd be interested in finding out what
> other people's experience has been.
>
> Any feedback based upon real world experiences with a similar
> configuration regarding the upgrade process itself (including problems
> encountered and the elapsed time to complete the upgrade) and stability
> post upgrade would be most appreciated.
>
> David

Went in smoothly on my systems ... ( OEL 5.1 64 bit ) ...

Rumour is that the patchset was "out and about" quite a bit before the official release. Another rumour is that after oracle wasn't ready to let 10.2 out by Open World this year that they held up the patchset so that they would have "something" ...

Not that I heard these from any official sources mind you. Received on Wed Nov 19 2008 - 19:08:26 CST

Original text of this message