Re: Analyze tables+ind

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:08:39 -0800 (PST)

On 19 nov, 09:38, "timo" <timo.ta..._at_luukku.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to analyze one schema's all tables and indexes every night - should
> I implement a PL/SQL-procedure for this and add it to Database
> Control/Scheduler Jobs ? - there seems to some "gather stats"-jobs already
> but those are "smart-ones" and this one schema is vital an stats must in
> up-to-date.
>
> BR,
> Timo

Those jobs are smart enough to do that. In fact your job may screw this all up.
You can easily check whether you have up-to-date statistics by looking at the last_analyzed_data in dba_tables etc. Generally speaking daily analysis is a bad idea and decreases the chance you have stable execution plans. You would better set up proper statistics and lock them.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA