Re: anyone have a decent purge script for 11g diag directories

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:24:33 +0000

hpuxrac wrote:
> Not only do we have the standard .trc files there are now .trm files
> and probably various other things.
>
> Maybe I am missing some basic concept like some parameter to set or
> utility to use so that 11g databases will clean out and delete stuff
> after a certain date in the diag structure.
>
> Or perhaps oracle has that on their to-do list but hasn't gotten
> around to that yet.
>
> The idea of collecting and keeping all the diagnostic stuff around
> together is fine if only there is some method behind the madness of
> getting rid of stuff that you don't want anymore.
>
> Ideas or clarification or working 11g linux scripts would be
> appreciated! Even some words of warning about things not to get rid
> of are fine.

MAX_DUMP_FILE_SIZE? Does everything in bdump etc. automatically, except the alert log (in 10g at any rate).
I also have a stored proc for trimming the audit trail, and a shell script for the listener logs/alert log/rman log - but I don't do it by age, just tail to the last 20,000 (or whatever) lines. If any of this is of any use, please let me know.

Palooka Received on Fri Nov 14 2008 - 13:24:33 CST

Original text of this message