Re: Request that loses indexes

From: Che Averell <averell_at_dalton-brothers.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:57:36 +0100

Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com> écrit :
> If something is causing one or more of the SQL statements in the
> procedure to reparse then bind variable peeking can cause behavior
> like this if the variable values peeked at are not good for the
> majority of queries.

OK.

> Execution of DDL against any of the tables referenced by procedure
> would cause SQL to go invalid and have to be reparsed.

There is no DDL in normal run of the database. The only requests that are made are select, update, and procedure calls. And the materialized views that are refreshed periodicaly.

> The information I asked for in my first response will probably be
> necessary for anyone to identify the problem.

Yes, thanks for you response. I am currently gathering the information asked and will communicate it next week.

Thanks for your help. Received on Fri Nov 14 2008 - 12:57:36 CST

Original text of this message