Re: Why Oracle does not allow rollback of DDL statements?

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:35:24 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 12, 2:38 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > Dbms_redef appears only for redefining tables. Its purpose is on-line
> > redefinition of tables. It has too much overhead: requires lots of
> > additional storage depending on size of your tables.
>
> Incorrect. Look at the demo in Morgan's Library. You can change
> constraints, triggers, etc.
>
> > I doubt Oracle will provide transaction based ddl because of its
> > architecture and all exiting base of code; however, this does not mean
> > that this feature is not useful.
>
> A bottle of scotch can be useful. But I generally don't carry one
> with me while driving a car. I would make the same argument with
> respect to production databases. It might be nice to have in dev
> but anyone using it in test or prod should be shown the door.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

It seems you are drunk in Oracle Scotch that you have lost objectivity to anything else. It is shame that you are a University Professor. Profressors should have broader midset instead of being salesman for a company. No one can doubt your knowledge of Oracle, but at the same everyone in this forum knows you lack objectivity.

When one database dominates, innovations stop. Received on Wed Nov 12 2008 - 14:35:24 CST

Original text of this message