Re: recover data

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:45:15 -0800 (PST)

On 10 Nov, 21:30, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> Joel,
>
> They have gone to all the time and expense of involving the data
> recovery company, so the data must be important. I wouldn't be trying to
>   save a few pennies at this stage by not involving Oracle, which in
> fact I would have done anyway from the outset of the problem, had I been
> called in at the point of loss.
>
> But then of course, had any DBA with even an eighth of a brain been
> involved, there would have been backups from which to restore and
> recover. Sorry if I sound like Mr. Angry, but it is difficult to
> sympathise with people who say "We lost our database; we weren't in
> archivelog mode and we never bothered with backups. How do we recover?".
>
> Palooka

Best question I got asked once: "How do you rollback from a commit?"

To the OP, in addition to everyone elses suggestions and, assuming that you haven't done so already, ensure you keep a backup of those files supplied to you by the DR company. Only work on *copies* of those files.

HTH -g Received on Tue Nov 11 2008 - 10:45:15 CST

Original text of this message