Oracle 11g and v$session information

From: Thomas Kellerer <YQDHXVLMUBXG_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:23:25 +0100

Hi,

I have a (Java) application that supplies the application information by setting connection properties to populate the v$session stuff using connection properties

<http://download.oracle.com/otn/utilities_drivers/jdbc/111060/doc/javadoc/oracle/jdbc/OracleConnection.html#CONNECTION_PROPERTY_THIN_VSESSION_PROGRAM>

This has been working fine with version 8,9 and 10. When using that application with an Oracle 11g database the connection fails with the error message:

"Connection property format error: Property is 'v$session.program'"

The value supplied for that property works fine with all other Oracle versions. It is not a problem of the JDBC driver, because when I use the same driver against an Oracle 10g installtion it works fine.

It seems that Oracle 11g does not accept brackets for that property. Because when I remove them, it works.

But then there are entries coming from Oracle itself that contain brackets (e.g. "emagent_at_x-oratest (TNS V1-V3)") so I wonder what the real problem is.

Regards
Thomas Received on Tue Nov 11 2008 - 10:23:25 CST

Original text of this message