Re: recover data

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:30:54 +0000

joel garry wrote:

> On Nov 8, 12:35 am, paolo <NOSS..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> hi all,
>> i'm running in a trouble because the raid container where my /oradata
>> (windows 2003 with oracle 9.2.0.1) was installed failed (of corse no
>> backup, n odump, nothing at all..it was too easy).
>>
>> We sent the disks to a recover company and they sent me back 12 files
>> (called from file00.dbf to file11.dbf).
>> At this point i don't know how (and if this is possible) reimport my
>> data in the DB we recreate from scatch
>>
>> dbv is able to verify the files but is i try to replace the users01.dbf
>> i0ve got an error like " dbid is different"
>>
>> Could you please help me?
>> thanks a lot and best regards
>>
>> Paolo
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=oracle+DUDE&aq=f&oq=

Joel,

They have gone to all the time and expense of involving the data recovery company, so the data must be important. I wouldn't be trying to   save a few pennies at this stage by not involving Oracle, which in fact I would have done anyway from the outset of the problem, had I been called in at the point of loss.

But then of course, had any DBA with even an eighth of a brain been involved, there would have been backups from which to restore and recover. Sorry if I sound like Mr. Angry, but it is difficult to sympathise with people who say "We lost our database; we weren't in archivelog mode and we never bothered with backups. How do we recover?".

Palooka Received on Mon Nov 10 2008 - 15:30:54 CST

Original text of this message