Re: Why Oracle does not allow rollback of DDL statements?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:38:59 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:

> Real DB2 customers demand this level of on-line schema evolution.
> You simply cannot interrupt or drain a complex warehouse query just
> because you need to patch a view!
>
> Open your mind man!
> Serge

This may well explain why there are so few people using DB2 for data warehouses as opposed to Oracle. <g>

We have this concepts like unit testing, integrated unit testing, etc. If you are patching a view in a live production system then, by definition, your testing was inadequate.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor