Re: Why Oracle does not allow rollback of DDL statements?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:52:52 +1100

Thomas Kellerer wrote,on my timestamp of 10/11/2008 10:08 PM:

>> That would imply allowing "local" schema objects, like "local tables"
>> or "local temporary tables". That would make it practically impossible to
>> meaningfully monitor the system and run explain plan on SQL statements.

Or even manage space in that system. Yeah, we know: "disk is cheap". Try that with SAN platinum disks and see how high it flies with the CFO...

> Other RDBMS can handle that. rdb/VMS was able to handle things like that
> 15 years ago. Oracle should have a look at the source code as they now
> own that product :)

Given they have owned the product for that long and haven't even bothered duplicating that one should tell us something? Received on Mon Nov 10 2008 - 05:52:52 CST

Original text of this message