Re: AWR Sample Report
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:07:59 -0800 (PST)
I have learned some ( basic level ) init.ora parameters from the home work that you gave to me.
I am still not clear with some details.
1. why oracle should create parameter that have side effects ( may be thats y they are created as hidden parameters ) ? 2. setting the values are still not clear, because some have dependancy, some are system specific,....
From the above discussions / analysis,
No changes to the following parameter values are to be made :
- _newsort_enabled is set to FALSE
- _optim_peek_user_binds is set to FALSE
- resource_limit is set to TRUE
Changes to the parameter values to be made are as follows :
- cursor_space_for_time, should be set to FALSE from the current value TRUE
- db_file_multiblock_read_count - has to be removed from init.ora, if we are using only init.ora file alone.
- optimizer mode - set the value as ALL_ROWS, from the current value CHOOSE
- optimizer_index_cost_adj - should increase the value from the existing value 5. Current values : optimizer_index_caching 90 ; optimizer_index_cost_adj 5. I hope i can set optimizer_index_cost_adj to 10, considering not to have too low value ( 5 ).
- db_writer_processes - The value should be decreased from current value 7. Let me check on what value should be set and get back to you.
Please check, whether the conclusions are right/wrong.
I will also try to get another AWR Report for about 10-15 minutes. Hope i can learn better using that.
Raja. Received on Mon Nov 10 2008 - 05:07:59 CST