Re: AWR Sample Report

From: raja <dextersunil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 03:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have learned some ( basic level ) init.ora parameters from the home work that you gave to me.

I am still not clear with some details.
1. why oracle should create parameter that have side effects ( may be thats y they are created as hidden parameters ) ? 2. setting the values are still not clear, because some have dependancy, some are system specific,....

From the above discussions / analysis,

No changes to the following parameter values are to be made :

  1. _newsort_enabled is set to FALSE
  2. _optim_peek_user_binds is set to FALSE
  3. resource_limit is set to TRUE

Changes to the parameter values to be made are as follows :

  1. cursor_space_for_time, should be set to FALSE from the current value TRUE
  2. db_file_multiblock_read_count - has to be removed from init.ora, if we are using only init.ora file alone.
  3. optimizer mode - set the value as ALL_ROWS, from the current value CHOOSE
  4. optimizer_index_cost_adj - should increase the value from the existing value 5. Current values : optimizer_index_caching 90 ; optimizer_index_cost_adj 5. I hope i can set optimizer_index_cost_adj to 10, considering not to have too low value ( 5 ).
  5. db_writer_processes - The value should be decreased from current value 7. Let me check on what value should be set and get back to you.

Please check, whether the conclusions are right/wrong.

I will also try to get another AWR Report for about 10-15 minutes. Hope i can learn better using that.

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Mon Nov 10 2008 - 05:07:59 CST

Original text of this message