Does Oracle have anything like SAP Business Intelligence Accelerator?

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 11:59:45 -0800 (PST)

Being Oracle Developer and DBA for many years, I was really intrigued by SAP’s
Business Intelligence Accelerator (BIA).

                   https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bia

You can google to get more information about BIA.

SAP BIA is said to improve performance of Adahoc queries on data warehouses by 10 to 100. BIA stores data of a table using columns (instead of rows as is done in relation databases). It then compresses column based data and creates indexes. Many customers are using BI accelerator and find it lives to its claims.

I know Oracle recently introduced database machine for data warehouses, but BIA column based storage, compression and indexing is quite different. I am trying to find parallaels in Oracle but could not find any.

I am starting this thread not to create any flame war of SAP vs Oracle but to get technical feedback on the technology used is BIA and whether anyone else provides similar functionality.

Having worked in Dataware Housing and Oracle databases for many years, BIA technology is definitely revolutionary and amazing. Received on Sat Nov 08 2008 - 13:59:45 CST

Original text of this message