Re: can we delete .patch_storage

From: Michael Austin <>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:31:26 -0600

joel garry wrote:

> On Nov 7, 12:14 pm, Steve Howard <> wrote:

>> On Nov 7, 2:08 pm, wrote:
>>> Dear group,
>>> Could somebody tell me what is stored in .patch_storage under OH? It
>>> is getting bigger now, will it hurt if I delete this directory?
>>> Thanks for your help
>>> Thanks
>> See note ID 403218.1 on metalink.
>> HTH,
>> Steve
> Wow, I had missed that cleanup utility (Note:550522.1).  Thanks Steve,
> Paul you just gave me 80M.  Pity the poor Solaris folk.

No JOKE! the 3QCPU patchset added almost 4GB to .patch_storage during the install. HP and AIX were both 4.5-5GB+ making the OH almost 9GB.

But when your SAN(s) is(are) measured in PB, that's not that much :) We are reclaiming that storage now that we have started installing which included all of those patches and the entire directory structure was reduced (once again) to around 3.5-4GB for all 3 environments. Received on Fri Nov 07 2008 - 22:31:26 CST

Original text of this message