Re: can we delete .patch_storage

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:39:23 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 7, 2:08 pm, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Dear group,
>
> Could somebody tell me what is stored in .patch_storage under OH?  It
> is getting bigger now, will it hurt if I delete this directory?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Thanks

what version?
in newer versions of opatch, a cleanup utility is supported in opatch.

Lately, I've been in the habit of installing a new home for the new patchset and switching to the new home after testing has been completed - no accumulation of patchsets, patches building up under .patch_storage that way.

try here:
http://advait.wordpress.com/2008/08/19/opatch-utility-oracle-rdbms-patching/

-bdbafh Received on Fri Nov 07 2008 - 13:39:23 CST

Original text of this message