Help: how to update a table with a value from Stored procedure

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:45:09 -0800 (PST)

Dear Group,

We have a third party supplied package which we do not want to change.

I would like to update a table with a value from the procedure. I can use PL/SQL to do that. But our tool does not support PL/SQL, i have to use SQL.

Something like

SQL> var res varchar2(30)
SQL> exec test_procedure(res);
SQL> update my_table set col1=:res where ...

But our application does not even support that. I have to do something like
SQL>update my_table set col = (:test_procedure)

or something like
SQL>update my_table set col =(select :test_procedure from dual);

Anyway we can make this into one SQL?

Thanks very much Received on Thu Nov 06 2008 - 16:45:09 CST

Original text of this message